advice please? if I'm using a Terp do i still need to seal & or wrap?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
LadyDayDream
advice please? if I'm using a Terp do i still need to seal & or wrap?
I'm using a henna terpinol & lemon juice mix do i still need to seal & wrap it & would vaseline be a good seal its what I'v been told to use.
Waningmoth
Re: advice please? if I'm using a Terp do i still need to ...

i always do, i use cajeput oil as a terp and seal with henna boys sealent (non sticky and more pleasant than sugar and lemon)

then cover with micropore tape as a light wrap, and if i want it really dark use gloves or socks over the top and leave it overnight. aim to keep the tape on for 6 hours or more

you could get away with a lot less and if its a new design or experiment or most things actually) a seal and or tape will do, but if you take a lot of time and want it to last as long as possible id rather go whole hog

Jen

No, vaseline is not a good seal! Avoid anything with a petroleum base.

If you have enough sugar a seal may not be necessary at all. I only use a seal on brides, models, or myself when I'm totally in love with a design.

Lemon juice and sugar is a common seal. It is sticky and attracts bugs though. Another is hair spray or spray gel. I know the ladies at Empire like to use "frozen stiff" hair spray. I've also seen white school glue diluted a bit with water used as a seal.

AFTER the paste comes off, wax based lip balms are good protection against water exposure and exfoliation.

Tenaya

Henna boys sealant?  What is that?