Need help with business party

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
sailor
Need help with business party

hello,

today i got a phonecall if i could come to do hennaat a business party.

i agreed and i will get another phonecall to discuss the pricing and other stuff.

but now is my problem that i have never done a business party i do henna more for brides and people who know what henna is and are used to it. but now i am going to do henna with people who probably dont have experience with henna. so im kind of stuck there. how should i atract them to do henna.

and also what must i bring with me. of course henna and i thought about glitters, glittergel.

paterns that i can do quick and good.

should i also bring sheets about the aftercare or is this not needed?

and how should i talk about the pricing i always price per client but know the company will paay me so i thought that i should ask a pricing for each hours or look at how many people i hennead. so whta should i do about this matter.

i really need advice.

thanks and loves from sailor (Holland)

desertholly
Re: Need help with business party

By all means bring aftercare sheets.  I like to bring a large (8 1/2 x 11 inch) sheet (laminated) with a basic explanation of what henna is and what they can expect from a design (like how long it will last, what color it will be, etc.)   I also bring a similar large aftercare sheet.  I either post them on a pretty(covered foam core type) board on an easel, or put them in table-top clear acrylic sign holders.  Then I also have smaller sheets with the same info and all my contact information that I hand out rather like a business card.  

Definitely bring your glitter as well. 

Hourly pricing is perfect for a corporate event like this.  When you set an hourly price remember that it should reflect not only the time you spend doing henna at the event, but your materials, travel costs, preparation time, etc.  Keep it reasonable, but don't undersell yourself.  If you think you're not quite experienced enough to charge a "full" price, give them a special "introductory discount".  That way if they like you enough to hire you back, you can raise the price as you get better and faster.  

If you already have a good idea of how many of your good, quick patterns you can do in an hour and what you would charge at a pay-per-design event, that should give you a good starting point for setting your hourly price. 

Prepare an invoice for the business ahead of time with your hourly rate and the total.  It can be simple.  It should have your name and contact information, as well as a tax id number if they need that (don't know how that works in Holland). 

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.