Henna Resting Times! Too late, too little or just enough?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
DebIH
Henna Resting Times! Too late, too little or just enough?

Hello! I just bought the Rajasthani Twilight for an event, but it will arrive tommorrow, extremely late for the sale. I only will have, approximately, eight hours between the arrival of the henna and the event. I live in a very hot climate (~80 F), and I was wondering if this may be enough for my paste to be ready. It's the first time I have encounter this situation, an by general rule I leave my paste resting at least 20 hours. I would appreciate suggestions! Thanks!

Jen
Re: Henna Resting Times! Too late, too little or just enough?

Cut your lemon juice with half water, keep the paste at 80-85, and you should be OK, I would think. If you have to thin it at all after it stands, do that with water too.

DebIH

So, to be clear, I use my standar quantity of liquid, but half lemon/half water? For my personal knowledge, since I have never done the recipe with water, what does it change?

Thanks for your answer and recommendations! They are greatly appreciated!

Jen

Oh! I hope I'm not too late! I was sure I replied to this but its not here! I must not have clicked the save button I guess!

Yes, you are correct. Don't change the quantity of total liquid. Just dilute the lemon. The reason for this is because the more acidic the paste the longer dye release takes. Some acidity is required, but you can cut back a bit to speed the process.