I never. never get a DARK stain ;-( !!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
justme65
I never. never get a DARK stain ;-( !!!

Hi,

I have tried all kinds of henna powder, like Artistic Organic henna, Rajasthani henna, Jamila henna, Maroccin henna, Yemini henna, etc. etc. My freezer and refigerator is full with henna powder from so many brands, regions. Also lots of henna pastes and henna cones.

I have tried the KISS receipt, all EO, like Cajeput, Tea Tree Lavendel, lemon juice, tea, coffee, sugar, honey, dextrose, etc. etc...

I have mixed all kinds of henna, I have done several dye releases, wrapped with paper, steaming, everything!

When I see all the pictures here and from henna artists web sites and henna stores online of henna stains on skin, I get so frustrated, because in all the years I do henna I have never ever got a stain as dark as on those pictures, neither on my own skin or clients skin, it's always light red, never burgundy ir dark brown or chocolate or black.

I almost believe that people use chemicals or something like that to get that dark stain, because everything I have tried, I never get a dark stain...

I have spent so much money of buying henna powders and so much time and energy that I really want to give it up. But it's so sad, because I really love, love to do henna..

I hope someone can help me.. I don't think so, because I have read all tips, receipts here, other sites and googled.. so I don't think there is any hope..

I just want to have this off my back..

Jen
Re: I never. never get a DARK stain ;-( !!!

This can take years. Be patient. 

First suggestion, have you tried a henna that was tested for dye content? I saw you mention a lot of brands, but none that I'm sure were tested.

Second thing... how long do you wait for dye release? Some people will use it right away at the first show of a little orange in a skin test. Not the best way! Some hennas need to stand way longer than you would think. I often leave Jamila stand 48 hours, especially in winter when my house is only about 65-68 degrees.

A third idea: Are you applying heat? IMO that just give you another opportunity to goof something up. I hate it when suppliers recomend applying heat for that reason. Its setting up failure for an unpracticed henna mixologist! Its so easy to 'cook' your paste with too much heat and make it useless. Just be patient and let the paste stand at room temp.

And last, have you tried your paste on anyone else? Sad as it may be, its entirely possible that you and your skin are the cause! Some health conditions and medications can impede stain. Even worse, I have, in over 10 years of hennaing, met 3 people who just don't take the color. I don't have a reason or explanation. They just don't. As though they were covered in Teflon.

I hope some of this helps!

justme65

Hi Jen,

Many thanks for your response!

ArtisticHenna (not verified)

Hi,

I have been through exactly the same scenarios like you - never got reliable & dark stain. This was until I started using freshly imported, triple-sifted Rajasthani henna, and all my worries disappeared !!! The dye release takes place in about 3 hours, and it is good to go. I don't use any chemicals at all - just warm water & oe's. I have done so many brides in the last few years with this henna, and never once had a complaint.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bharathi

[edited to remove link]

Jen

I'm sorry our insurance does not allow for us to link directly to sites selling products other than our own.