Lemon Juice....

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
MoonGrrrl
Lemon Juice....

Does anyone use lemon juice from concentrate or do most of you use real, freshly squeezed lemon juice? I've noticed different concentrates have preservatives in them...i wonder how this affects the paste. i think i'm going to experiment with real juice and see what happends.

Jen
Re: Lemon Juice....

Years ago I did side by side tests with a handful of other women. In most of the results the stain was the same in depth of color with both bottled and fresh juice. For a couple people the bottled juice actually pulled ahead just a bit!!

Maggs2
I prefer using orange juice. Lemon juice irritates my scalp. And I always seem to have a bottle of orange juice in the fridge. I get really nice dye release without any irritation with it.
Jen

Maggs this post is in the body art section. Lemon juice isn't irritating to very many people in body art uses, and orange juice in body art henna isn't usually a great idea. Pulp can cause clogging!

Hennacat
admin

For body art, I tend to use bottled lemon juice, just because of the volume of henna I mix. I do use fresh lemons when I have a few of them that need using up. For Hair I'm experimenting with different mixes - hot tea is currently my favourite!