Wanted-Thick healthy beautiful hair...help needed!!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
nyangeloxo
Wanted-Thick healthy beautiful hair...help needed!!!

Basically, i have been trying to grow out my natural hair for the sake of its health and because i would like to know what color it actually is. I had been doing a pretty good job at growing out my highlights (about 2 inches of virgin hair) when I went absolutely crazy, bought garnier "ammonia free" color...dark like my natural hair. I loved the color when it first came out but now a week or two later, i can tell its loosing its lustre :(

My question is...what can I use on my hair to get a nice deep long lasting CHOCOLATELY color that will add strength and shine to my hair while im trying to grow the damaged parts out? What about cassia obovata,has anyone tried that on dark brown hair?? Please help, and before after pictures would be greatly appreciated as well. Thank you!

Carrie
Re: Wanted-Thick healthy beautiful hair...help needed!!!

Are you trying to get a lighter color ("chocolate") on dark brown hair? Are you covering gray?

Henna will give dark brown hair some red highlights, particularly in certain types of lighting (bright sunlight especially). In most indoor lighting your color will not look very different.

On gray hair henna gives red/orange color. Adding indigo to the henna will give you shades of brown on the gray hair.

Cassia can be used on any color of hair. If your hair is blonde or gray, you'd see light golden dye from it. Otherwise it will not change your color at all; its dye is very light and weak.

nyangeloxo

No, no...Im 20 so im not covering gray...just looking for thicker stronger hair with a deep chocolate brown color. I know henna can be mixed with indigo but the last timei did that it came out jet black. Is the amla what gives the brownish color to the mix? Does the cassia make your hair thicker stronger healthier or is it just something that makes it shinier until it is washed out?

Carrie

Amla gives a slight orangey-brown tone to henna; it's mostly useful for helping indigo take darker when you have a mix combining henna and indigo. It's also good for retaining curls and waves, when repeated hennas have loosened the curl, or to prevent that from happening.

I'm a little unclear exactly what sort of color change you are seeking. You have dark brown, but you want deep chocolate brown. Does that mean you want it slightly lighter, slightly redder, or if not maybe you can help me understand what you mean.

Cassia's conditioning effects last about 3-4 weeks.

ACWN

If a hennigo came out jet black, then either there was too much indigo or your hair sucks it up like mad. Strand test a rather low indigo ratio mix (such as 10/90 indigo/henna and 20/80 indigo/henna) for about 2 - 3 hours and see if that will give you the color you want.

But I'm also with Carrie... if your hair is dark brown (how dark are we talking here?) and you're seeking a deep chocolate brown (which makes me think along the lines of a milk chocolate/semi-sweet chocolate color, personally), you're going to have to be a little more specific on what you're wanting and what you're starting with. So... pictures please!