Henna For 4a-b Natural Hair

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
LadyKay
Henna For 4a-b Natural Hair

Hello Everyone,

I just ordered my Henna from this website last night after hours of reading tons of information. I ordered 100 g Henna for African Hair. This brand is said to give the hair a redish tint in the sun. My hair type is Kinky,Koily with some curls. I guess my hair type is  4a-b. I want to mix my henna with Raspberry tea, beetroot powder, lemon juice and an essential oil. Will this combination give me a reddish tint that I crave or should I try a different mixture.

Any advice will be greatly helpful.

Thank You,
Lady Kay

Carrie
Re: Henna For 4a-b Natural Hair

That mix sounds fine, except you don't need an essential oil and it may give you a headache. If your hair is totally black naturally, the red shine will only be visible in bright sunlight. With dark brown, you'd see the red tint in less extreme lighting conditions too.

LadyKay

Thank you so much for replying Carrie. That is the one thing I forgot to mention is the fact that I have black hair. So essential oils are removed from my list. Would extra virgin olive oil be a good replacement? I know henna has a lot of good qualities. Would my hair get damaged if I apply it to my hair every 6 weeks? I read a forum about frequent use of henna damaging some one's hair.

Carrie

I would avoid adding any kind of oil to the henna paste. If you would like, you can oil your hair or do a deep conditioning treatment after you rinse the henna out.

Henna doesn't "damage" hair but repeated applications may relax your curls to some degree (or not). Some people henna every month, others prefer to just touch up their roots once they have a color they like on the length.