Henna on Horses

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lorryp2151
Henna on Horses

I have seen on the forum before about henna on horses.  Is it safe?  Does does one apply it?  What is in the mix?

Thanks all

and happy Henna Trails

hennabyhailey
Re: Henna on Horses

You may want to post this question in the hair section. I don't imagine it would be much different  than putting henna on human hair ....

ACWN

Being from the hair side, I think this is more of a body art question... technically you're putting it on the horse's *body* even though its covered in hair and its for decorating the horse, I would guess.

That being said, I would probably mix it like you would mix it like you would mix it for a dog - straight water.

Jen

This is the only person I know who has actually done it. Check out her pics. Maybe contact her directly? She's an awfully busy woman, but very approachable.

www.rovinghorse.com/gallery.php

aurora_skys

What a wonderful idea... I don't see how it could be dangerous for the horse. At least that I know of. Probably should leave out the terp so the horse doesn't have it's sensitive nose flooded with essential oil scent. You would need a well behaved horse tied in an area where he couldn't rub the henna off, roll on the ground and get dirty etc.

Neat idea... I would love to see this at a horsemanship event :P Maybe on an Arabian lol