Best quality indigo powder

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paperrose
Best quality indigo powder

Where does the best quality indigo powder come from?

Jen
Re: Best quality indigo powder

India seems to have the best indigo. We have some Indian indigo powder available here: www.mehandi.com/shop/hairindigo/index.html 

BUT you've posted this question in the body art section of the forum. If you're planning to do body art with indigo that's not what you want. You'd want this: www.mehandi.com/shop/skinindigo/ 

Paperrose

Thanks, I am mainly interested in indigo powder for use on hair. Although I never knew that indigo is also used to recreate woading as it was done in Iron Age Britain.

I am confused about the term "body art quality"

Does body art quality (BAQ) indigo or henna powder refer to how finely sifted the powders are or that they are prepared for body art use only? Some brands of indigo and henna powders are advertised as body art quality. Can they be used for body art and hair use?

ACWN

BAQ is indeed how its been ground and sifted, or so I understand. BAQ henna is typically a much finer sift than hair quality henna, which can often have sticks and leaves in it! BAQ henna also typically has a higher dye content, which is something you typically want.

Jen

You don't usually see indigo described as BAQ because as I mentioned, indigo for body art is in a completely different form than indigo for hair.

BTW, the reason I asked about body art at all is becase you've posted in the body art section of the forum! I'll move it this morning. :)