How far do you go to maintain a body shape?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hennacat
admin
How far do you go to maintain a body shape?

Naomi Campbell recently revealed that she keeps in shape through regular fasting on a mix of maple syrup, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and water. She also has a personal trainer and dietician. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/04/naomi-campbell-oprah-winfrey-interview

What other examples have you seen recently of people going to extremes to maintain their famous body shape?

Sarah
Re: How far do you go to maintain a body shape?

Corsets. I wear corsets, because I never manage to stick to a diet and I seldom have time to exercise. I'm comfortable with my weight - just not my actual shape, but corsets give me the exact shape I want that I could never achieve with diet and exercise alone.

CCartwrightJones
admin

I used to make corsets ... and evolved some great techniques for constructing the corsets, but never evolved the techniques for dealing with some of the clients.  Corsets are fascinating garments!  The balance between social and biological requirements .... keeps your mind spinning for hours.

Here's one of my favorite images: http://forums.hennapage.com/node/102

Oh, Right.  How far do I go to maintain a body shape?  When I was a teenager in Los Angeles during the Twiggy years, I flirted with anorexia.  It wan't a love affair that lasted. I felt often bullied into diet, exercise, all that lot ...  I only made peace my body when I had babies.  One evening, when I was nursing a fine fat baby, and reflecting on the child's blissful expression ... I thought ... if my body can give a child THAT much life joy, what in the hell is this other bullshit? 

Its an uneasy peace.  Skirmishes every day.

Sarah

I make my own corsets too. Never for clients, though, because they're just so much work.

rhoebe

Most diets focus on calorie intake and thus cause patients to believe that not eating can actually be better for them. While one may in fact lose weight by simply eating fewer calories and fat.hcg

Lisee

Well, I think that being thin is fine, but I also think that being healthy and having some muscle is good, too- even if the scale goes up. Muscle is heavy!

Liza