"Neutral Henna" from Baroody Imports, is this cassia?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Megalina
"Neutral Henna" from Baroody Imports, is this cassia?

Hi, I'm a newbie here but I've recently started using henna and indigo to cover my grays in my dark hair. One of my friends just passed on a large jar of what she thought was henna. The label says "Neutral Henna" and it has a picture of a lady with long, dark hair. It says Baroody Imports and Ingredients: Henna. I'm hesitent to use it on my hair because I thought "Neutral Henna" didn't exist and I want to know what's going on my hair. I did a patch test and it didn't seem to do anything to my grays or darks strands. Do you think it's cassia and I could just use it as a conditioning treatment? Here's a pic:

ACWN
Re: "Neutral Henna" from Baroody Imports, is this cassia?

Technically because this is a forum hosted by a company, we're not allowed to discuss other brands in depth (can get Lady C and the others in hot water), I CAN say as a general rule that "neutral henna" indeed does NOT exist and is usually cassia labeled as such.

Using it is entirely up to you.

Jen

Is is powder? It looks like cassia to me. Like ACWN said, things labeled as "neutral henna" or "clear henna" are usually cassia. If its good cassia, it should make your silver/white hairs pale gold. I would think that if it doesn't do that, it probably won't do much to condition and strengthen either!

Carrie

That is the color and consistency of cassia so I would try it on a hairball. Mix with water and apply for 3-4 hours. Or mix with apple juice or tea, let sit several hours (4-6 or so) and apply for 3-4 hours. 

Carrie

For conditioning you can use it for shorter application but for color it has to be long, 3 hours at least for good blonde color on white/blonde hair. 

Megalina

Thanks for your help ladies! I didn't buy it so I don't feel bad if I don't use it. I might try it for a short period to see if it does do any conditioning but it feels kind of sketchy to me. Thanks!