Sauna for a darker stain?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Araelyn
Sauna for a darker stain?

My apartment complex has a sauna so I'm wondering, would sitting in the sauna be helpful in getting a dark stain? Not the entire time the henna is on obviously, but would 30 min-1 hour sessions help? Has anyone tried this?

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Sauna for a darker stain?

Sauna can really darken henna .... unless you perspire and the pattern runs.

Sauna after you remove the paste does a great job!

Viljaana

I can't believe I'm going to disagree with CCJ, but I wouldn't go to sauna with fresh henna on. The humid heat of sauna exites exfoliation wich is never good for henna - it makes it fade faster.

But I it depends on what you mean by sauna. I understand it like all Finns do: temperature of circa 80C ( 179F if you must) and water occationally thrown on the hot stones of the stove. If your sauna is warmed only to 50C (122F), it hardly has the same effect.

Jen

The sauna will definately make the color pop faster. I've done it and its true! I can't say for certain that it got darker than it would have eventually with enough time, but there is no doubt the color matured very fast!

Yes, a sauna might make the surface skin exfoliate more. Might. If you had well exfoliated skin from the start, and if you pat dry rather than rub, I don't think it would be an issue.

Viljaana

Intresting. If only I could test this by taking only one hand to sauna and keeping the other one in room temperature :D.

To be serious, I will let others to do the testing, as sauna here tends to lead vigorous washing,