If you had to sum up your teenage years in clothes / hair and make-up, what would they be?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hennacat
admin
If you had to sum up your teenage years in clothes / hair and make-up, what would they be?

Reading these diary entires from other people's teenage years really reminded me of my own teens and the clothes and hair I wore. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/may/15/teenager-diary-cringe-1980s

If I had to sum it up, my 1980s style would be Black Levi 501s, biker jacket and colourful silk shirts.

How about you?

How do you think you would feel if you wore your 1980s outfits again?

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: If you had to sum up your teenage years in clothes / ...

I was a teenager in Los Angeles in the "summer of love" (1967) and my skirts were precisely 12" long from waist to hem.  My  most loved posession was my orange/red/fuchsia vinyl paisley miniskirt, which made me happier to look at than to actually try to wear.  Vinyl clothing = sauna on a hot Los Angleles afternoon.  If it was extreme and colorful and wasn't a misdemeanor .... I wanted to wear it.

Sarah
Re: If you had to sum up your teenage years in clothes / ...

I was a teenager between 1998 and 2005. I wore a lot of broomstick skirts, gauzy tops, and braided hair. My mother often told me I was born in the wrong decade...

BreellaBlue
I often altered my jeans by

I often altered my jeans by cutting the bottoms up the side to my knee and hand stitched more fabric into them. A nice pair of blue jeans with blue camoflauge insert springs to my mind. Band shirts/Solid color t-shirts with odd sayings on them, mostly from the mens section. *I frighten my family*Don't annoy the crazy person*I lost my phone number can I have yours?*I DIDN'T DO IT!* I tried making skirts and often ended up with curtians.

I've always been light on the makeup, chapstick and eye shadow, sometimes black eyeliner but I don't need it. Come to think of it now I've had an itch to try and make a skirt again...

Keep in mind though, I was a teen from 2000-2006... I don't know anyone else my age who enjoys sewing and crocheting like I do...