Ancient Sunrise ® Rajasthani Twilight vs. Ancient Sunrise ® Henna for African Hair

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jora
Ancient Sunrise ® Rajasthani Twilight vs. Ancient Sunrise ® Henna for African Hair
It's that time again, when I'm looking to stock up on my Henna! Have a few questions about the two above Hennas: 1. Aside from the % of lawsone content, what is the difference between the two hennas? 2. I'm not African (nor do I have the hair). I'm white and have straight hair, and want to know if I can still use this henna without any issues? 3. I noticed that the description under Henna for African hair it states that it's 100% pure henna. Does this mean that the R.T. is not 100% henna since it doesn't state that it is? 4. Last question is, I also would like to order (if possible) some henna (for my husband) that doesn't release any dye at all. He would like the positive effects that henna has without any color deposit. What do you recommend? Thank you in advance for the info.!
Jen
Re: Ancient Sunrise ® Rajasthani Twilight vs. Ancient ...
Its really mostly in the dye content. Twilight is also 100% pure. The language is different, (one says 100% pure and the other completely free of pesticides, lead and additives) but the intended meaning is the same.

The other slight difference is that the Henna for African hair is chosen for having the finest sift and smoothest texture. This makes it a bit easier to rinse so its better for kinky hair, locks, and delicate hair. People with any hair type or ancestry can use it!

There really is no henna that will not deposit color at all. Cassia is often marketed as "clear"or "neutral" henna, but its not actually henna. Its a different plant but with a similar dye, except the dye color is pale yellow. Since the dye is translucent it won't change the color of brown or black hair at all. It will give a pale yellow on white, and give a little more oomph to pale blond. It does all the conditioning and strengthening of henna though. Unfortunately most people report that the effects don't last as long and it needs to be reapplied about monthly.

Jora
Re: Ancient Sunrise ® Rajasthani Twilight vs. Ancient ...
I greatly appreciate the detailed info. Jen! I think (to play it safe) I will order both Hennas and experiment a bit! With regards to Cassia, my husband is out of luck I guess as he has gray hair mixed in with dark brown and not sure if he wants any hint of blonde in is hair. Thank you again!