Henna gloss or cassia/henna

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
curlykinks
Henna gloss or cassia/henna
Ive read but i cant find an answer to my question. what is the best way to get the thickening and other benefits and maybe not so much color. Would it be a henna gloss using a paste mixed with conditioner. Or would it be a mix of cassia and henna. In either case what is the ratio. I have read that cassia gives the benefit of henna although it is short lived. The reason id like to mix the henna with cassia is i am guessing the conditioning benefit from henna is more permanent and i thought if i mixed it with cassia i'd get less color. I received an order of henna for african hair this week from mehandi. I chose it because of the lower lawsome. My hair is chemically dyed level 6 natural. If i use an acid (like lemon juice) would one tbl mixed with water be ok, and would dye release happen faster. I dont want to use anything very acidic, but maybe it doesn't matter since the ratio of henna paste to cassia or conditioner is I'm guessing small.
Carrie
Re: Henna gloss or cassia/henna
Compared to a henna gloss containing the same 1 Tbsp of henna, you will get more thickening and softness if you use the cassia/henna mix.

If you use all lemon juice in your henna, let it stand for 6-12 hours for dye release. If you use water, I'd still let it stand an hour or two, though you COULD use it right away.

If you use mostly water and just 1 Tbsp lemon juice in your cassia, I'd probably let it stand for somewhere in between, maybe 3-4 hours.
Carrie
Your application time will also play a role in how much conditioning and color you get. For maximum cassia conditioning benefit I'd leave it on your hair for 3 hours. With 1 Tbsp of henna in there, you will see some reddish highlights in bright sun on level 6 hair. If you had lighter hair you'd see some definite orange/strawberry blonde color from this mix.
curlykinks
Thank you so much Carrie. How much cassia would i use with 1 tbl sppon of henna to get maximum benefits. I like the idea of getting a little color and lots of conditioning. I think eventually i'll marry henna but right now we're just dating.
Carrie
When you use a cassia-based mix, you use as much cassia as it takes to coat your hair generously, same as henna. If you have chin length hair 100 gm, and so on.
curlykinks
Thank you!