How to protect bangs from being dyed

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
katlyon10
How to protect bangs from being dyed
I'm wanting to do a two toned effect on my bangs. My bangs are bleached (once) and I'm wanting the top layer to be hennaed and the bottom to stay blonde. How would i protect the bottom from being hennaed? Plastic wrap and some rubber bands? I don't know much about styling hair or the correct terms si here is a picture of what I mean :P The blonde in the picture would actually be hennaed and the blue would be my bleached color. TIA!  photo image_zpsea7c335d.jpg
ACWN
Re: How to protect bangs from being dyed

You'd want to separate what you want to stay bleached from what you want henna-ed. Braid the bleached parts (if you can) to keep them together and less likely to move. If you have to, pin these to your forehead. If you cant braid them, you'll want to use a lot of snap barrettes or bobby pins.

To keep the henna off the hairline of the blonde, you can apply Vaseline or just be very careful about how you apply the henna near that section.

When you wash, wash with your head tipped waaaay back or sit back in a chair with your hair over the tub and have someone wash your hair for you - like at a salon.

Used to do this when my own bangs were bleached.

katlyon10
Thanks so much!!
HennaGal
admin
I like to "paint" the hair I'm not hennaing with hair conditioner and wrap it up with cling wrap. Definitely rinse your henna before you uncover the blonde area.
katlyon10
Sorry if this is a silly question...will the conditioner block the henna a bit? I will definitely give it a shot though :) anything that will help make it easier. I'm really going to have to practice some funky bends to wash it out :P we only have a stand in shower.
HennaGal
admin
The conditioner may help some. You can use a heavy oil like olive as well, oils seem to block staining better.  If you have a spray hose attached to the kitchen sink, i'd use that for rinsing.