Want to create deep/rich auburn would love advice

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Callynn11
Want to create deep/rich auburn would love advice
Hi everyone, This is my first post on here. I have been dying my hair red for many years now with no wish to be any other color, so I figure henna might be a good choice for me. I have done my research and am looking to order some henna from Mehandi.com. I am wondering which of the henna's I should choose, how long I should leave it in, and how much henna I will need for BSL fine hair. My current hair color is a faded medium reddish brown auburn color, from box dye. (Current hair color: http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/kdozois90/Wonderwoman1.jpg) I would love to have a medium rich auburn color (I really love the swatch color on the ordering page of mehandi.com if that helps). I wish to avoid orange and bright red. I have given the LUSH Caca rouge a try, and it didnt take to my hair very well. Just made it a tad more coppery from what I noticed and I left it on overnight. Im looking for a more natural color, lush told me if I wanted more of an auburn (reddish/brown) to leave the henna uncovered. Would this be true for pure henna? I appreciate any help! Natural hair color: dark ashy blonde
Callynn11
Re: Want to create deep/rich auburn would love advice
I am thinking of testing Raj Twilight for 3-4 hours with simple mix of diluted lemon juice and see what happens. ETA: Scratch that, I live in Canada and shipping from Mehandi.com is pricey...Sad. Guess I will have to try elsewhere.
seasiren2K13
You will get more of an auburn with the Rajasthani Twilight henna, and a more coppery (natural redhead look) with the Rajasthani Monsoon. Some people might call coppery orangish, so the Twilight is probably your best bet. Don't leave it uncovered though as the henna must stay moist to keep depositing dye. You could do a swatch test for 3 hours and another one for 6-8 hours...The longer you leave it on, the deeper and darker the color will get!
seasiren2K13
It is a bit more pricey shipping to Canada. You could email helpdesk@mehandi.com to see if they can get you a better rate...