Coloring Hair Red

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Theasurowiec
Coloring Hair Red
Hi All, I am new to the world of Henna Hair Dyeing and I'm still trying to figure out what will work. I recently (about two and half weeks ago) colored my hair red with chemical dyes and I loved the color it turned out to be (http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-29523360387793/l-oreal-feria-power-red-r68-ru...). Since then the color has almost completely washed out, and apart from my reddish/pink roots I'm left with a slight red tint. The "permanent" color washed out all too fast, but now I know I'm ready for the commitment of Henna hair coloring! I'm looking to get my hair really red, and I'm not sure what I should get to achieve this. My hair is naturally dark brown, so I am concerned about the color ending up an unnoticeable deep, dark red. I'm not looking to be flaming, fire engine red, and I don't want my hair to be orangey either (although it's my understanding it'll look orange initially). My goal is somewhere in the middle (~Ruby red or a red auburn [but not brown, I'm tired of brown]). Any ideas or comments about what I should be looking at is much appreciated! I'm not concerned with price or any complicated procedures (like a lot of mixing and measuring), and I don't need to be touching up any grey hair. Any advice on after-color care (products, etc), and application technique (especially since my roots are a lot brighter than the rest of my hair) would be greatly helpful as well! Thank you much!
CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Coloring Hair Red
Your case is complicated.  Call customer service 1-855-MEHANDI or go to mehandi.com and click on customer service for other contact options.  Most of our CS crew are cosmotologists and have amazing knowledge of not only henna and hair, but exactly what we've got in the warehouse on any given day and all the subtleties of how to use it. 
HennaGal
admin
Re: Coloring Hair Red
It looks like you'll want to use a mix of 3 parts henna 1 part indigo. To get close to the color in the picture you'd need multiple applications. You'll most likely stick around the auburn range unless you lighten your hair before hennaing.