My first Time I just dyed my hair with henna!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
HaIr_freak
My first Time I just dyed my hair with henna!
Hi! so I'm new here. I've been dying my hair with chemical hair dyes for about ....4 or 5 years and highlights when I was a teen. I wasn't a teenager super long ago so its thats why I mention that, Im in my 20s now. Anyway!, I just discovered mehandi, I don't like styling my hair and leave it natural, but after dying it light brown, blonde and red so many times, my hair got really dry, so I ordered 600grams of Rajasthani Twilight, I have chemically dyed faded blonde/red hair....and the woman on the phone said Rajasthani Twilight would give me the color I want. I am looking to achieve a brown auburn look, like a darkish brown red type of color. My natural color is brown and my current dyed color is faded blonde/red I just applied 300grams of rajasthani Twilight mixed with water and orange juice to my hair and its been about 2 hours so far. I want that deep color , my strand tests came out fine, but they look gingery and I left them in for 7 hours, but that was with henna fresh made before I let it sit for 8 hours and dye release. Is the waiting time different now that I henna-ed my hair after dye release for 8 hours? how long should I leave it in for if I want that deep brownish auburn red? Thanks!~ HaIr_freak
HIGHLANDERGIRL61
Re: My first Time I just dyed my hair with henna!
I have been doing my hair with Henna for about 2 years, I love it, My hair is so healthy, shiny, I use the African Henna lawsome count of 1.4% I color with apple Cider Vinegar. My hair color is like Light Coppery Brown. My natural color is ash brown to light ash brown. I will never go back to chemicals.
cosmetologist.lady
Re: My first Time I just dyed my hair with henna!
Henna should be mixed with the acidic liquid and left out at room temperature for 10-12 hours for the best results. While 8 hours should be fine for dye release, the extra couple hours might make a difference in getting a deeper color. Leave the henna on your hair for 4 or more hours to achieve deeper results. Many people will sleep with the henna on their hair for maximum color. Achieving a very deep color may require multiple applications, especially if your hair is damaged and porous from previous synthetic dye treatments. Applying henna over henna creates a deeper color, and it's the best way to achieve a deep auburn red. To see auburn-brown results, you will want to add a bit of indigo to your mix. 2 parts Twilight and 1 part indigo should give you results closer to what you want.