rainbow Henna metallic outcome help!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Elgamal
rainbow Henna metallic outcome help!

Hello all!
i haven't been able to order high quality henna, so I went to the local WF and bought a container of red henna Rainbow brand...I checked the ingredients and it said henna only...but my grey's have a very strong metallic shine to them. Anyone else have a similar situation with this brand?!

rchou
admin
Metallic outcome

Hello,

When you say metallic, do you mean that it is an odd color? Hennas do tend to make hair very shiny, but looking at their site, its seems they recommend using boiling water, tea, or coffee, which we don't recommend. Hot liquids can mess with the dye and result in a brassy tone. Coffee is transdermal and doesn't deepen the color at all, but will give you the jitters or a headache.

I would suggest trying our brand. the Rajasthani Twilight is the highest dye content and great for gray coverage.

I hope this helps! Free free to repond with any more questions if you have them

Rebecca

Elgamal
Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response. Yes I traditionally don't use boiling water, because I've been on your website basically for over 10 years now ? I also normally buy your stuff, but I ran out and needed to cover my roots badly.   I can't figure out what's causing it, the only thing I did differently was use lemon instead of ACV,  cardamom for the smell...and a bit "hotter" water than I normally would use.

Rosetta
Coffee does affect color!

Quote: "Coffee is transdermal and doesn't deepen the color at all" - that's not actually true, people even use coffee alone to dye their hair (just search youtube for example), so obviously it *does* color, though it's not such a strong colourant as henna, of course.

mbyrne
admin
Lemon can also make the color

Lemon can also make the color a bit brighter and sometimes brassier at first. Other than that, its hard to really say what may be causing this. Feel free to send a photo to helpdesk@mehandi.com, that may help us help you!