I know I can't lighten my henna/indigo hair . . . but

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Claudia
I know I can't lighten my henna/indigo hair . . . but

I have been using a two-step process to cover my grey hair roots for several years. I apply dye-released henna on my roots and leave it on for about an hour and rinse. I then apply a 50/50 mixture of dye-released henna and indigo to my roots and leave that mixture on for approximately 1 1/2 hrs. This produces a medium to dark brown color. I receive lots of compliments on my hair color, but I'm getting to the age that dark hair - no matter how pretty - just doesn't fit with the obvious fact that I am an older woman. I'm still not ready to go grey but would like to change to a lighter brown. Does anyone have suggestions on a mixture to use on my roots to gradually lighten my hair color?  

rchou
admin
Lighter brown

Hello,

A couple options:

You can decrease the amount of indigo used, but that could possibly result in a redder color. Amla will help with that.

You could stick with your henna/inidigo ratios but also add equal parts cassia, and then increase cassia to continue transitioning into a lighter shade. This may possibly result in a more golden-toned brown, and also possibly not as good of a gray coverage.

I would play around with samples to see what works best for you and your hair.

You may also consider continuing sections of your darker color, like lowlights, and then doing the rest in a lighter color, so the transition looks a little more natural.

Hope this helps!

Claudia
Thanks for the suggestions. I

Thanks for the suggestions. I will probably try adding cassia. Since I do a 2-step process with henna first, should I also add cassia to that first mixture?