Any tips to make henna redder?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ashaw
Any tips to make henna redder?
Okbso I've been using henna for years and I've never had this issue. For some reason the last batch isn't very red, it needed up brown with a slight hint of red. I always use the certified henna with the highest dye content but this last bit didn't turn out right. Any ideas for something to add to it to make it redder? I don't want to throw it out as there's at least one more use left. Thanks for any tips!
rchou
admin
Red results

Hello,

Are you using the Rajasthani twilight henna? That is our highest dye content. High dye content henna doesn't necessarily mean reddest; it results in the deepest, most saturated color. Continued applications of henna can cause it to deepen over time. If your water has minerals in it, mineral build-up in your hair can also brown the tone. The resulting color can also be affected by what type of liquid you use to dye-release the henna.

I would recommend using a Rainwash treatment to brighten up your hair, and then in the future, use Rajasthani Monsoon henna with either Copperberry powder, or cranberry juice, for a bright red that doesn't darken. Both Copperberry and cranberry juice contain antioxidants that prevent oxidation.

Ashaw
Red results
Yes it was the Rajasthani twilight, I always mix it with cranberry juice and it's always come out much redder than this time. I've got at least one more use out of the mix (I froze what wasn't used) but I'll definitely try the other next time along with the rainwash. Thanks!