too orange, how to make it dark auburn red

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lana
too orange, how to make it dark auburn red

Hy, so I put henna on my hair; I am naturally dark blond, but I had red color on my hair already...I used red henna ( I am in Croatia, so I took 100% normal red henna), I mixed it with a bit of Indigo just to prevent carrot, and I ended up with brownish-red-ginger. I wanted darker red, more auburn. Can i do smtgh now to make it darker? Is is possible to mix pure red henna with lemon juice or maybe black tea to get more auburn? 

rchou
admin
Auburn

Hello,

Most likely you didn't use a henna that had a high enough dye content, or was dye-released properly. what did you mix with the henna and how long did you let it sit before applying? How long did you leave it in your hair?

The Ancient Sunrise Rajasthani twilight has a 2.8% lawsone dye content, and results in a very nice deep auburn, especially when coupled with the Malluma Kristalovino acid powder. you can get all of this together in the kit in the following link, or you can order the materials separately. Also, repeated henna applications will continue to deepen the color as your hair gets more and more saturated with henna. http://www.mehandi.com/shop/graybundles/index.html

Lana
I applied it right aways..

I applied it right aways...why is important to let it sit? how long shall I let it sit? I mixed it with a bit of indigo and there was no acid addded.  Oh, it stayed for an hour and a half on my hair.Then it started to get really orange, so I washed it out. 

...tnx for advice, Ill order this henna online if possible for my country.

rchou
admin
Henna dye release

Hello,

The natural dye in henna is a deep orange/red. The more dye that goes into your hair, the deeper the color. You need to mix the henna with something acidic like fruit juice, and let it sit 8-12 hours covered at room temperature for the dye to fully release. Then, it is best to leave it in the hair at least 3 hours. If you didn't properly dye release it, and only left it in for 1.5 hours, you did not get a very strong dye, which is why the results turned orange. I would definitely recommend using Twilight henna with Malluma kristalovino powder, letting it sit for the full 8-12 hours before application, and leaving it in the hair for at least 3 hours before rinsing. Also make sure your hair is very clean before applying, to make sure no oils or hair products are blocking the dye.

You can definitely order internationally, so when you are ready to place your order, or if you have any more questions, you can email helpdesk@mehandi.com.