Cassia on white hair

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
RachelJG
Cassia on white hair

Hello I was wondering if anyone could share their experience of Cassia on white hair (my friend skipped grey and went straight to white as she aged!). We're going to do a strand test to see how her hair reacts but I was wondering if cassia fades or darkens over time?

rchou
admin
Cassia

Hello,

Is your friend using Cassia to add a golden tint, or as a colorless conditioner? Cassia's ability to tint white hair depends on the hair. Some white hair can be very dye-resistant, while others can achieve a very nice golden tone. Depending on how well it binds, you may or may not see fading. Fading can be prevented by doing multiple applications to build up the dye saturation in the hair. You can also try mixing a small amount of equal parts of henna and indigo, which will deepen the golden tone just slightly, to make it a more substantial golden tone. The Chai Kit is like this, though you can definitely adjust the amount of henna and indigo for your needs.

Finally, I would definitely recommend using Rainwash before doing the cassia treatment, as cassia on pale hair can result in a greenish or dirty tone if the hair had mineral build-up. Rainwash will clear out minerals before the treatment.

RachelJG
Cassia on white

it will be for both condition and for colour. That's really helpful. We'll definitely use the rain wash and it sounds like building up the colour over time will be a good idea as she doesn't want to go to too drastic of a change right away anyway. Thanks again! :)