Shine

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kitty
Shine

Hello, I'd like to know what would give hair the most shine. Would it be amla? Or cassia? Or, maybe both amla and cassia? Or something else?Thank you. 

rchou
admin
Cassia or Henna

Hello,

Both Cassia and Henna will give your hair more shine. Amla is great for restoring or maintaining curls, but can be a bit drying, and doesn't necessarily do anything for shine. If you are looking for conditioning without altering your hair color, I would recommend doing a treatment of cassia powder mixed with distilled water, no dye release, and left in the hair for 1-2 hours, and do this as often as you'd like. Perhaps 1-3 times a month.

Kitty
Cassia or Henna

Thank you so much for your reply.  Could you tell me how I'd go about doing an Amla treatment?

m_moore
admin
Amla alone can be drying. I'd

Amla alone can be drying. I'd recommend mixing it with Cassia (25g of Amla per 100g of Cassia) and distilled water, let it sit for about 8 hours, then apply and leave on for about 2 to 3 hours.  It won't make the curls come back with one treatment, it will kind of fluff the hair out and as you use amla, the curl should slowly return.

Kitty
Thank you!

Thank you!