jasmine henna first time

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
felicita
jasmine henna first time

Hi I would be happy if somebody could help my with my henna application please. I´ve got some guestions:

1. first I ordered rajsthani twilight henna, but is was way too dark - burgundy on my dark blonde ashy hair, so I ordered the jasmine henna. I did samples last week and the most coppery and colorful sample was jasmine henna + water only. So I want to ask, should I add some citric acid like orange juice to my mix or not? I did one sample with squeezed lemon juice and the color oxidized too dark. Or should I leave it just like that henna and water only? I want a little bit more copper color from the henna so I dont know, because the lemon turned it dark

2. my mix was sitting in the bowl for 10 hrs, and the henna on my sample /with water only/ was dark brown copper color after the application. If I am seeking for more copper, is this the right time of sitting the mix, or should I leave it sit for less hours so the result is more copper less brown?

3. I left the mix 3 hrs on my hair and then rinsed. If I want a lighter/more copper, is this the right time of sitting the henna in my hair? Or is it ok to let it in the hair for shorter?

4. for the lighter copper - would it be possibly ok to use cassia in my mix to lighten the copper? how much?

the first pic is what I want to achieve - deep copper with a hint of brown /not fiery copper which I already got years ago with another henna and no red undertones for sure/

the second pic is what my own natural hair looks like

thanks very much

M.

thanks for advice

https://www.google.sk/search?q=nimia+haircommunity+henna&rlz=1C1GIWA_enS...

https://www.google.sk/search?q=nimia+haircommunity+henna&rlz=1C1GIWA_enS...

in case the pics dont work then this links maybe

AttachmentSize
Image icon jm7.JPG273.47 KB
Image icon h1.jpg28.95 KB
rchou
admin
Jasmine

Hello,

You always want to use some type of acidic component, because this is what causes the dye to release out of the paste. a water only mix will be quite weak. Your observation about lemon juice oxidizing too dark it correct: lemon and other citrus juices tend to result in a bright stain upon first washing out, but then oxidize very dark. You'll want something with antioxidants, which keep the henna a bright shade. Copperberry powder or cranberry juice would suit you better.

It sounds like you may have mineral buildup in your hair, which is causing the result to be darker and browner. Try doing a Rainwash treatment before your next application. You may see a brighter result.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask, or call us at customer service.

felicita
rchou, thanks so much for

rchou, thanks so much for your answer:D

I will try cranberry juice for my next sample

You may be right with the mineral buildup where i live the water is overloaded with minerals so I will find informations how to do the rainwash cleanup

just want to make sure if the times are correct - 10 hrs for dye release and 3 hrs left in hair?

thanks M.

rchou
admin
Rainwash

Here is the Rainwash product: http://www.mehandi.com/shop/rainwash/index.html

It comes in a powder form, which you mix into water to create a gel. apply the gell throughout your hair, wrap it up, and let it sit for 30-40 minutes for an intensive treatment, and 15 for occasional maintenance. It make start smelling sulfur-y or metallic, and that is just a sign that whatever has built up in your hair is dissolving out. Rinse the product out with shampoo, and then you are done!

For dye release, 8-12 hours at room temp, short time for a warm area. 3 hours is probably the minimum for a henna application, and depending on how saturated you want the color, some people go as long as 6 or sleep in it.