Grey Turning Very Orange

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
China2002
Grey Turning Very Orange

I have been using the same mixture 1 part henna to 2 parts indigo of Rajasthani Twighlight and Sudina Indigo for several years and have noticed a much more orange color that doesn't deepen with time lately. I follow this procedure. 

Henna mixed with apple juice and I leave out for about 12-24 hours. I either freeze it or use it. I mix indigo with distilled water and combine the 2 together. I apply immediately to freshly washed hair without using conditioner. I am only grey in my hairline around my face and the rest of my hair is dark brown which makes the orange much more obvious. I also will do my hairline most of the time and occasionally my entire head. I would love any advice on how to get a nice dark brown or even golden color. 

rchou
admin
Orange color

Hello,

With apple juice, the dye-release time would be shorter, so I would recommend leaving it sit maybe 6-8 hours at room temperature. You may be over dye-releasing the henna so that it is weaker, which can cause the indigo not to bind as well.

You can also mix 1 tsp of regular salt into every 100g of indigo, and that will help it stick better.

How long are you leaving on the mixture? You may want to try leaving it on longer. 3-4 hours is the best for indigo mixes.

Finally, you can always mix up a bit of indigo paste and dab it into any area that is getting lighter, and rinse it out after 10-15 minutes. This can be done as often as you like.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!