Trying to get Brown Hair

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
zoemarkus
Trying to get Brown Hair

Hi,

I'm trying to get brown, any variance (light, med, dark). I'm a guy so I don't care so much for the red highlights. My hair is usually a dull grey/mousy brown with some silver on the sides. I'm partly using henna to help my texture as my hair is very frizzy, curly and I'd like to relax that, which really works! We dyed my hair with a 3/4 henna 1/4 indigo combination (might have had cassia in there too) because I was told indigo was strong, but quite a bit of orange still showed. So I dyed with straight indigo a couple times. Now my hair is fairly dark with burgundy highlights. The upside is that a lady at the hair salon said the color of my hair is the most beautiful color she's ever seen! lol I'm pretty conscious of it, however. Preferably, in an ideal world, I'd prefer my hair to be a chocolate or coffee brown, if possible. Is there a ratio of products that will make that happen? Even a brown with golden highlights would be fine. The trick is, however, that I am looking for the conditioning benefits of henna. Thanks!

m_moore
admin
When your hair starts growing

When your hair starts growing in, I'd suggest a Medium Brunette, or Dark Brunette kit. We have samples if you want to start there:

http://www.mehandi.com/shop/brunette/index.html

zoemarkus
Thanks for the tip. My wife

Thanks for the tip. My wife already buys from you but prefers to buy the single plants individually and then do our mixes. Could you enlighten me on what the recommended ratio would be? 

zoemarkus
I'm also wondering if it's

I'm also wondering if it's not just a matter of which blend but are there any other factors? Does Amla really neutralize red significantly? Would lemon juice do something? Add camomile? 

rchou
admin
Medium Brunette

Hello,

The ratio for a medium brunette would be equal parts henna and indigo. Amla would cool out the brighter warm tones so it becomes more neutral. Lemon juice would actually do the opposite, and bring out brighter tones. Chamomile wouldn't do anything.

Heres some helpful info on mixes and acids: http://www.tapdancinglizard.com/AS_henna_for_hair/Chapter_6_Henna_and_Ac...

zoemarkus
Thanks for your reply and

Thanks for your reply and explanation! I now see the ratio in the blend is 100 g/100 g. Curious to know what is Malluma Kristalovino fruit acid. Also, you don't mention how much amla I should use, or do you even recommend it? Again, id like a chocolate brown. I just don't want a red or purple highlight. Thanks again!

m_moore
admin
Sounds like amla would be

Sounds like amla would be good for you to use- it's 25g of  Amla per 100g of henna.