Multiple indigo applications

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
lars

I have been using a 1:1 hendigo for years. Initially I would do my whole head, but more recently, I only do the roots (using rajasthani twilight and zekhara indigo).  I've decided to try going for a cooler brown and adding amla.  I am not sure whether to do only my roots, or apply to my whole head. I don't think it will be a dramatic difference, but I know amla darkens the color a little.

My concern with doing my whole head, other than the more time and material, is not knowing whether another indigo application will darken the color. I know henna deepens with multiple applications until full saturation (which I would assume I've reached), but what happens with indigo? I don't want a double hit of darkening due to indigo layering plus amla.

If I only do the roots so I'm gradually switching to the cooler amla version,does anyone have experience on how it would blend with the rest of my hair? Should I dial back the indigo slightly to compensate for the darkness added by amla?

I did a strand test, but it's still hard to tell.

I would appreciate others' experience and input and photos if you have!

enissel
admin

Hello,

Yes applying Henna and Indigo over hair that already has Henna and Indigo on it will result in darker hair. I would do only your roots. What fruit acid powder or juice were you using before deciding to use Amla?

lars
I originally used lemon juice

I originally used lemon juice, but have been using orange juice for my acid the last few times I did my roots.

My strand test did look very dark. If I only do my roots with the hendigo+amla, would you recommend doing some kind of gloss or something to cool the brown in the rest of my length?

My hair is naturally medium brown with some light brown from sun lightening. With the hendigo, it's a medium reddish brown, but having only done the roots for over a year, some of the length has lightened to a slightly coppery brown. It would be nice to even out everything.

Thanks so much!

enissel
admin
Lemon juice

Hello,

Yes you can take 2 Tablespoons of the mixed Henna and Indigo paste and mix it with 1/2 cup of conditioner to make a gloss. Apply the gloss to the hair that you want to tone down the red on. The gloss is only temporary and you made need to do a gloss on the length of your hair each time you touch up your roots.

lars
Thanks! I’ve never tried a

Thanks! I’ve never tried a gloss. Will it be the same color initially is if I were doing a full strength dye? So if I end up liking the gloss color, I will do permanent next time o my whole head.

how long does it typically last?

are there photos of anyone with a hendigo+amla? The site used to have a page with a ton of photos and mix descriptions but I don’t see that anymore.

thank you!

enissel
admin
Indigo Gloss

Hello,

The Indigo gloss is not as strong as mixing indigo with henna. The gloss is a diluted strength of indigo. The gloss will stay a week or two. The time that it will stay is different for everyone. We do not have photos on Mehandi.com of customers hair. The page was taken down because not everyone gets the exact same color, even when using the same mix. This is because the starting hair color, amount of gray hair , porosity of the hair and length of time the mix is left on are all factors on how the color will turn out.  We do have customers who share their experiences on Ancient Sunrise Facebook page.