I'm planning on changing my acid -- should I dye my whole head rather than just my roots?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
jct27
I'm planning on changing my acid -- should I dye my whole head rather than just my roots?

I use Twilight henna, and for years I've been mixing it with diluted lemon juice. I'm going to try Kristalovino this time -- it the color likely to be different enough that my two-month roots will be a noticibly different color?

For context, I have medium gray hair that's about 30% grey, up to about 60% in the front. My hair is chin-length, so doing my whole head only uses about twice as much henna and is actually easier than roots because I can just smear it on, but I haven't done it in a long time because I don't want darkened buildup at my ends.

Thanks

m_moore
admin
I would recommend doing just

I would recommend doing just your root area. You wont notice too much of a difference.

However...if you do all over, you would be layering henna on the ends making it darker, but your roots would still be lighter because of the single application. Doing it all over will give you more of a contrast.