:D Loving my new hair. (Pictures included)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
StellaLina7
:D Loving my new hair. (Pictures included)

So after a year of strand testing like a maniac, I have finally henna'ed my hair! I love it, its a vibrant RED color and so, so sparkly. I mean it. Imagine Dorothy's red shoes on someone's head and you have my hair. Hard to believe this was achieved using all natural products, it reminds me a lot of Manic Panic Infrared.

Here's a link to photos: http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/SoCal_LiNa/Henna%20Hair/

I might have to darken down my color a little bit for school, so I was thinking of doing a light henna gloss of about 4 tbs henna to 2/3 cup conditioner. How long should I leave it on? I was thinking maybe 45 min since I left my actual henna on for a bit more than an hour.

ACWN
Re: :D Loving my new hair. (Pictures included)

That is not a light gloss, thats a rather heavy gloss due to the ratio. A light gloss would be a single tablespoon of henna in a cup of conditioner. If it takes less conditioner than that to saturate your hair, then cut back on the henna in equal amounts or more - so if it takes a half cup conditioner, do half a tablespoon of henna.

A light one like that you would want to leave it on for probably about an hour. If you make it stronger, you could do less time.

You'll probably want to strand test really quick just to be sure though.

Your hair is gorgeous though, I dont think you need to darken it.

Carrie

That's an intense color from a single hour application. What kind of henna did you use?

StellaLina7

It was a mix of mostly Purity henna and the pre-mixed (chemical free!) hendigo from henna hut in deep red.

Together, I got a color that was not too orange nor too plumy like the henna hut. Actually, its still a wee bit orangey in the sun so I might do a 1 tbs gloss of the deep red stuff to tone it down. Still, I'm very, very happy.

mauiangel

Hey Stella, I think your hair looks awesome just the way it is :)

It's always gonna look a lil orangey in the sun and may only get plummy-er the more henna's ( or glosses) you do. So if you love your color I'd recommend just doin root touch ups from here. maybe a gloss in a couple months? Also, keep in mind that if you just hennaed, your color may and probably will settle in over the next few days and darken a bit more so you might wanna hold off for at least a week before you decide to do another app.

my hair has gotten sooooooo dark. I'd love it lite & brite like yours again. I currently use purity alone on my roots to blend in with the rest of my darkest auburn hair. ( that's how strong purity is) it darkens up quite nicely all on it own with one application.

Anyway, your hair looks great and compliments you! ~A~

diamond_lvr

Your hair is gorgeous.  I wish mine was that red.

Iris

Soo gorgeous! What was your starting color?

StellaLina7

(Rawr. I thought I replied to this hours ago but it seems to have disappeared).

Iris and Diamond- Thank you! :) 

My natural starting color was a dark blonde/ light golden brown. Here's a picture of it, indoors with flash:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/SoCal_LiNa/Henna%20Hair/008.jpg 

Over the past two days my color has settled down and that, coupled with the gloss I did, have gotten rid of the cheetoh orange that appeared in some lights. Now its more of a pretty sunset orange and I could not be happier. 

I do have one question though: When I exercise hard and sweat heavily or when I shower, my hair bleeds orange all over the place. What can I do to fix it? I'm scared of having my color bleed out and lighten up, its just so perfect right now! I haven't shampoo'ed my hair yet because it seems rather dried out since henna'ing and CO washing does the trick just fine. Suggestions?

Carrie

The premixed henna you used seems to be causing a large amount of bleeding for a lot of people who use it on the LHC forum. Suggest you ask the seller about that since we don't really talk about premixed hennas here.

If you had used straight henna I'd suggest washing it for sure, (with pure henna you can wash it right away and as much as you want without fading, but that is not the case with what you used) and then finishing with a dilute apple cider vinegar rinse.

ziddy

it really made your hair so glossy, shiney and lush looking. amazing! the color looks really pretty on you.

caoilfhionn

How long did you leave the henna in your hair? It's stunning!!

flesh58chevy

Wow!  I LOVE your color, I wish my natural color was light enough to get a intense color like that, lucky girl!