Have you ever had a haircut so bad that ....

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
CCartwrightJones
admin
Have you ever had a haircut so bad that ....

Have you ever had a haircut so bad that you could barely bring yourself to leave the house?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50164213@N02/4638290517/

What was it like?  How did you eventually resolve the issue?

xyz
Re: Have you ever had a haircut so bad that ....

Have I ever!

At some point during the 80s I asked my stylist to give me a cheek-grazing bob, a la Linda Evangelista of back then.  Of course, my hair turned nothing like hers.  It pouffed up around my head so badly that my round face looked like a Lamborghini with the doors open!  Like a ladybug ready to fly!  Like a plum peeking out from under one of those paper umbrella one puts in a tropical drink!  Like that one guy from the 3 Stooges, the one with a bowl cut, if he had stuck his tongue in a power outlet!  It was simply hideous.  I pinned it down and behind my ears every day for over a year.

Come to think of it, my look was not too far from that of the lady in your picture...bangs and all!

BreellaBlue

In 6th grade, on picture day my mother gave me a mullet like the bradybunch mom's haircut. Only my hair was frizzy and puffy back then so I looked more like... well lets just say it was bad.

Ofcourse this was punishment for me not brushing my hair. I started brushing my hair after that and now have thin hair. I don't brush my hair anymore. Stopped after highschool. I'm hoping my hair will come back.

hennakatrin
admin

When I was kid my mom did not allow me to have long hair. I always had short hair and was taken to a boy - *Hey you, young man/boy/youngster...' - that was really typical turn to me. And I was not tomboy, I think.  Well, yes - I climbed up to trees and run... but all the soviet girls did that. We were declared to be acqual, until boys went to army and girls went to university. I was 10 when I could finally start to grow my hair. I had thick, heavy and VERY straight hair (those of you who have seen me - YES, VERY STRAIGHT HAIR.)

When I had my teens my hair suddenly started to curl, more and more. Since then I have had something I've called 'bad hair life' for a quite long time. It took me really very long to accept my hair and accept that there are rather limited ways for having hair with my lifestyle. I do not like waxings and sprays and hair-dryers and spending enormous amount of time dealing with my hair. All I ever wanted - when I had shorter hair - was haircut that i need to cut regullarly and comb. That's it. And it only seems to be an easy things to wish...

Actually - it is quite annoying when you just can not have a cool haircut because all the cuts we see on magazines only seem to 'pret-a-porter' kind of haircuts - now these hair are mostly strightened, sleeked etc. Before that hair-models were girls/women who had very certain type of hair. At least I've been told so many times by different hair-dressers. All I wanted for a quite a long time was to have a straight forehead cut, just like she has on this pic. Well - when I was 20 or so I managed: I had hair 2-3cm short and my curl were just cut away. Imagine elizabethan women... but it looked quite cool. :)

Now I have hair almost long to half-back or so. I really take care of my hair - oiling, masking, henna (obviously), haircuts - as much as necessary, as little as possible. I have - as lots of people have told me - gorgeous hair. And I know how the magic of hair works. Or power... But still thing is - I most of the time wear them braided, tied up. It is really rare case when you see me hair down. Well, yes - psychoanalysts would probably say that this comes from my hair-suppressed childhood... :P

Hennacat
admin

I had a series of really bad hair cuts about 20 years ago, and so grew my hair, trimming it myself to keep split ends down. Every so often I would cut it by turning my head upside down and cutting it into long layers.

About 10 years ago I tried the hairdressers again, and left crying, my long hair cut into an unflattering style, all my henna chopped off :-( This happened about 5 years ago as well.

Now I have a wonderful hairdresser who works with my hair and makes it look lovely without needing to style it all the time. When he does style it, it looks amazing and makes me feel wonderful. 

It is interesting how something like hair has such a positive or negative effect on how you feel....

Hennacat
admin

@ Katrin??????? STRAIGHT HAIR???????

LemonSugarHenna

Yeah...um..I have one RIGHT NOW that's embarrassing me.