2 step henna-indigo touch up

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Organic Janet
2 step henna-indigo touch up

Hi- Can anyone offer any advice on doing the 2 step henna indigo touch-up for about 2 inches of grey and lighter brown roots?  I've always re-done my whole head before but wanted to try to see if I could extend the time before that was needed. My grey is pretty stubborn so I don't think a henna-indigo mix would do the trick...

1) How best do I get the color on the roots and not get clumps on the rest of the hair?  Though it's easier with henna,the indigo just doesn't hold that "frosting" consistency and gets all over. - I'm kind of worried about not getting the exact same hair with the henna and then with the indigo too, which would leave me with some strange coloration for sure.

2) I have bangs. I assume I should just do the whole bangs otherwise the difference btwn the new color and the old will be too obvious right there in front?

Any other advice is warmly welcomed.

Thanks!

Janet

ACWN
Re: 2 step henna-indigo touch up

Question... you're doing a two step, yes? Are you shooting for black or a brown?

Organic Janet

Hi- I'm shooting for blackish, the color of the rest of my hair from previous 2 steps. I've never been able to get the true black cat black.  But I know the 2 step is blacker initially and fades over time. That's why I'm a bit worried about it looking freaky if the roots are blacker than the rest...Also, I have to do this very soon!  I have a party tomorrow night and don't want to have grey roots...Help?!

Thanks- Janet

Carrie

The 2-step can fade over time on hair that has only had it applied once (it sounds like this has happened to you) but it tends to fade not at all on hair that has had it applied several times.

It sounds like you wouldn't mind black (instead of blackish) hair so I think you don't really need to worry about overlapping, and in fact could do whole-head treatments if it's easier, instead of doing roots. Or you can do roots-only if you prefer. Either way, only the new roots are likely to have indigo fading, once the length has enough indigo on it from 2 or more applications. If your roots are blacker at first I don't really think it will look freaky. Many people naturally have darker roots and hair that is sun-lightened further down the length, so it's a natural look.

Carrie

If you are having clumps of indigo that fall off, your paste is too dry and thick so add some more water.

ACWN

I agree with Carrie. If you're shooting for blackish to black, just do full head applications every time if the indigo is giving you problems (unless you tweek your mix like Carrie suggested).