2 step process and now im nauseous

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aquatic Ambiance
2 step process and now im nauseous

Hi just did a 2 step for the first time and about an hour after i rinsed the indigo out i started to become really nauseous. Im almost positive its the indigo. ive never had a problem with full stregnth henna applications. Maybe its the smell of the indigo?? Anyone every heard of this?

Carrie
Re: 2 step process and now im nauseous

Yes, I've heard of it. Personally I don't think indigo paste smells that great, with kind of a burnt edge to it. That would be enough to make some people nauseous, but that would probably start while it's on your head. Someone had speculated that the tannins in henna and indigo could be migraine triggers; I don't know if tannins could also be related to your nausea?

mauhall

Many have suggested spices added to henna or hendigo to help with the smell.  If you are using straight indigo (for a two step), would spices work?  I understand that indigo can be tempermental, and wanted to know if adding spices would somehow prevent it from sticking?

Thanks!

Aquatic Ambiance

Hopefully its the smell and not the tannins in it. Although im fine with henna and if henna also has tannins then its definately the smell. I think after smelling it for a while it caught up with me. I feel fine this morning.

CCartwrightJones
admin

Indigo is fermented, and the fermented peas smell could be putting you off.

Try mixing in instant vanilla pudding powder.  That helps the smell and improves the texture.

Aquatic Ambiance

thanks i will definately try that next time! by the way i love the way my hair came out, its the prettiest black and it it suites my skin tone much better than the dark auburn color i had before.