Tips for red?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eliz. R.
Tips for red?

I've read the various directions and know that I'm more likely to get a redder stain (rather than brown) if I avoid terps and use heat for intensity. Also that the particular henna source and batch make a big difference.

Are there any other factors for getting a redder color? Does the location matter? Are there any batches currently for sale that are good for red?

sailor
Re: Tips for red?

the only thin that i know about the diffrent hennacolours is thta henna from north-africa goes brown/orange and henna from india gives a more reddisch stain.

Maggie

Actually I think saying that N. African henna is more brown and Indian is more red is a broad generalization, I only use Indian and Pakistani henna and I ALWAYS get a brown stain, but that changes crop by crop and region by region. I've heard that eucalyptus oil as a terp can certainly bring you more towards the red side of henna however keep in mind there are hundreds of variaties of eucalyptus that could be in your bottle. So trial and error. Good luck!

desertholly

Prettiest red stain I've ever gotten is from unterped celebration on the palms of my hands.

keltoi28

Celebration does tend to bed red.

Eliz. R.

Thanks, folks. I'm looking forward to the new batches.