Cassia vs. Zizyphus Spina Christi

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
celiacarrion
Cassia vs. Zizyphus Spina Christi

Hello!

So I have fine hair and would like to get more volume and shine in it...but without a change in color to my hair...among the many other great things Cassia and Chrisi can do for my hair which would be better for volume? shine?  Advice would be much appreciated:). Also my hair is gold-brown so would the Cassia's gold dye make the gold in my hair more gold? it wouldn't be a problem if that I just don't want a dramatic change in haircolor like henna.

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: Cassia vs. Zizyphus Spina Christi

Generally speaking, cassia is going to get you better volume, and the gold isn't going to show up on your brown hair.  I say generally, because if you have hard water, cassia can react badly with that. 

celiacarrion

ok then I'll go with the Cassia...hard water? meaning? if I do what i can I use for the Cassia then?

Jen

Hard water is water that has minerals such as calcium, copper, etc. Hard water usually comes from a well, but city water can be hard in some areas too. If you get white film on your glasses, or your shower heads clog often, you likely have hard water.

These minerals can act like a mordent and shift the color of plant dyes. It can cause henna or cassia to go dull brown or even in extreme cases blackish.

This is another reason that strand tests are always a good idea. If you put cassia on your hairballs and it turns nasty, dull brown, you know you'll have to do something about mineral build up first. If you know you have hard water you can use some Rainwash to remove the build up before you put cassia or henna in your hair.

celiacarrion

ok then!
Well to be honest I would like to keep the work minimal...soo how does the Christi compare in volume to Cassia? is it really a big difference? among the other benefits? If so then I'll just take the time and effort for the Cassia.

Jen

I find that zizy offers me A LOT more volume than cassia.

celiacarrion

Yea I think I'm leaning more towards the zizy then...less work xp

anyways how long do the effects of it last?

Jen

I use a zizy and water treatment about once a week. I definately can tell its better the first few days than the last few days. I also use zizy shampoo bars when I wash.

If a full treatment every week seems to much for you, you could just put a spoonful in your shampoo when you wash.

celiacarrion

MMmm well I could probably do once a week but it really depends on how far one batch of it would go....my hair is right on my bra-strap in length if I buy the zizy by 100g how long would that last me? Does it have to be like the henna where you cake a ton of it on? because I figure if not I can just use about 25g of the 100g every week for my hair and put enough water to spread it through my hair and that should last me a month or 50g of the 100 to last me 2 weeks....I'm always trying to save xp hehe.

Carrie

When I tried it, I used 25 gm mixed really thin, and it made my hair HUGE. Not very shiny but huge, hehe. It's very goobery like mucus and not completely easy to rinse out.  I need to try putting some in my shampoo, that might be better for me.

celiacarrion

HAHA well that sounds pretty great to me! Then I can definitely go for a weekly clean:)

but anyways is it kind of like henna?  I would always rinse it out as best as I could with just water, then I would use WEN (its a cleansing conditioner I really recommend it! makes my hair ALOT healthier:)) anyways then I'd put in a deep conditioner (also by WEN) and sleep with in on and the next morning my hair would be amazing:)

would this method work with the zizy?

Carrie

I don't know. My concern is that the WEN would flatten a lot of the volume.  But try it and let us know what happens!

Jen

I know nothing about WEN, but I know when I follow a zizy treatment with my conditioner or cholesterol treatment it takes a lot of the umph out. I just rinse and move on. It is easier (but maybe not easy) to rinse than henna. It has that kinda slippery, egg white-y texture that helps it slide out.