Do You Gloss?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
curlynikki
Do You Gloss?

I've been experimenting with glosses lately (with varying amounts of henna and conditioner), and wonder what other's experiences have been.

I did a 50/50 (henna/conditioner) mix a couple of weeks ago and was surpised by my excellent results-- very shiny and smooth with reduced frizz.  It was easier to apply, easier to rinse, but unfortunately was VERY runny.  I hate that!

Today I used 3 tablespoons of henna and mixed it into a cup or a cup and a half of conditioner and the application process was enough to make me curse!  It was dripping all over the place and is continuing to drip down my neck as I type!  I bet the results will still be good, but I can't tolerate the dripping.

I love the idea of a henna gloss, but I don't believe I've found the perfect mix. 

What's your mix?!

luizagaman
Re: Do You Gloss?

Hi curlynikki

See my gloss recipe here:

http://www.forums.hennapage.com/node/114

If you have any questions after reading, feel free to ask.

Best of luck!

Luiza

ACWN

Nikki, for the drips... try either corn starch or instant pudding. This will thicken the mix nicely.

I've used henna and cholesterol, and it works well on already henna-ed hair. It doesnt work very well on virgin hair though. Its very thick, no drips.

curlynikki

Thanks chica!  I'll definitely look into this. I tried a thicker conditioner and it worked like a charm.  I only needed 100g of henna, and my results were excellent!  Yay for henna glosses.  I love that it leaves my hair silky and soft :)