What Order for Cassia, Henna, & Amla Application?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lisee
What Order for Cassia, Henna, & Amla Application?

Hello! I would like to use the Cassia, & the Amla, & Henna- each individually. Is there a preference for which should come first, second, or last? And, how much time in between?

Thank you so much!

Lisee

Carrie
Re: What Order for Cassia, Henna, & Amla Application?

If you let us know why you wish to use them separately that might help us advise you about what order to use them in. What color is your hair now, by the way, and what color do you want to end up with?

You can use all of these back-to-back if you wish, there is no waiting time required.

Once you have applied the henna, the other two are not going to change the color really. Amla isn't a dye, and cassia's dye is light yellow and quite weak.

Lisee

Thank you, Carrie...  My hair is med-dark brown. It is fine & curly. I am wanting to thicken and volumize it as much as possible, and I really like the deep auburn highlights. Amla: I wanted to use it to retain my curl, and volumize; Cassia: Volumize & Condition; Henna: Dark Auburn highlights.  What do you think of my using the Cassia and Amla? Also, with my type of hair, would the African Henna work best, even though I am caucasion? Or should I just stick with Celebration?

Thank you for your help!!!

Lisee

Carrie

Henna can loosen curl a little, so unless you really want the color, maybe it would be better to try other things first. In on a poll on the LHC forum, wavy-haired people report being more bothered by loosening of curl than curlies, but some curlies are actually appreciative of slight loosening of their curl and turn to henna for that effect. Some people find henna revives their curl; it varies.

Amla gives me shine and body and some volume. Cassia gives volume for about 3 weeks but it may not be the best for curls either. It can make some people's hair a bit dry and straighter. It really varies from person to person. Zizyphus gave my straight hair huge volume but no shine; others have reported softness and shine from it as well.

If your hair is super tight curls in tiny fine coils like African Hair, then you may appreciate the fine sift of henna for African Hair, but the Celebration is also very finely sifted and should rinse easily. Celebration is the highest dye content and thus may do more loosening of curl - if your hair is susceptible to such loosening from henna, which you can't know for sure until you try it.

Lisee

Thank you, Carrie, very much! I appreciate all your helpful info! I went ahead and ordered the Celebration, the Spina Christi shampoo Bar, Amla, and the Liquid shampoo that has Cassia infused in it. If it makes my hair too dry, I will just use a conditioner afterward. 

I don't mind some loosening of my curl, as it also eases away the frizzies. My main thing is that I want VOLUME, and color. I have tried Celebration in the past and love the color. I also love the idea that Henna helps with dandruff and itchy scalp! This is probably the number one reason why I even started using it in the first place :-)

This time, I also ordered some ginger to help take away the strong Henna aroma. I was previously using  ground cloves that worked well, too!

(I would like to add that I tried the Indigo in the past, and had a bad reaction. It made my hair super straight, and my scalp so itchy that I must have itched it raw- even though I did a patch-test first, I beleive. (It's been a long time). But, the Indigo did not work well, at all, for my fine hair. It made it  limp and totally unmanagable).

Thanxs!

Lisee