body aches, chills & migraine

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
nosheen
body aches, chills & migraine

I've read a lot of posts here and was very satisfied with trying henna for grey hair. So far i've tried it twice and my hair have never been healthy plus all the gray hair get covered very nicely. My main problem is that right after I remove the henna I get severe body aches, chills & migraine. This happened on both occasions. I love applying henna but my mom won't let me after how sick I got. Does anyone else experience such symptoms? If you do what do you do to prevent them? This happened in summer and now it's winter. I'm torn between having to apply either hair dyes filled with chemicals or henna that gives me body ache. 

:'( 

CCartwrightJones
admin
Re: body aches, chills & migraine

Have you ever been tested for G6PD deficiency?

nosheen

No I haven't. Actually I am not even aware of it. Coincidently, I am going to my doctor tomorrow so may be I can ask her about it. 

Maggie

I would also have to ask if you're using pure henna or "henna for hair" (and not the kind sold here). If you're using some kind of store brand "henna for hair" it's possible it has some nasty chemicals. Reason I mention this is because I have fibromyalgia and I am severely sensitive to chemicals and I experiance the exact same symptoms you described when I am exposed to chemicals including chemical hair dye. If you're using the henna kits from HP or pure henna then it wouldn't be a concern but if it's something you've found in a health food store, I'd be wary.