Will hendigo treatment "smooth out" wirey grays?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shelli563
Will hendigo treatment "smooth out" wirey grays?

I'm about to do a hendigo treatment for the first time.  I have natural brown curly/wavy hair with about 20% gray which is quite "wirey" on the top of my head.  I was wondering besides the blending of color that I'm looking for, will the hendigo help smooth out the texture of the wirey gray?  I sure hope so :). 

Also, what is the best way to store henna, indigo and amla powders?

Thanks again for such helpful info on this site!

Shelli

ACWN
Re: Will hendigo treatment "smooth out" wirey grays?

I think so? I know henna will fill in holes in damaged hair, weighs down wispy fly aways, and that it thickens very fine hair. I personally dont have any gray so I cant really give you an answer one way or another beyond "I think so". But at least one of our resident experts has gray and she should be able to tell you.

As for storing the powders... You should always store them in air tight containers, such as a ziplock with the air sucked out. Henna can be frozen and the powder will last for years when frozen. Indigo needs to be kept in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight where it never gets too hot or too cold. It wont survive freezing and will only keep about a year when opened. Freshness seriously counts with indigo. Amla should probably be stored the same way, but since it doesnt have a dye it could last longer, I'm just not sure.

Carrie

Hmm, my reply got erased.

Henna smooths out wiry gray somewhat for me, but not entirely. I don't know that indigo does the same - I have only used a little indigo on my hair and a 2-step for my husband.

I agree with ACWN about storage and will add that I keep all my powders at room temperature. Keeping moisture out is more important than anything else.

Shelli563

Thank you...

Unfortunately, I've been storing my opened indigo powder in a ziploc baggie in the freezer for the past 3 weeks.  Is there a way I can tell if it is still fresh?  Is there a quick dye release test?

Shelli

Carrie

This shows how to test your indigo to see if it has dye: 

http://hennablogspot.com/getting-dye-release-from-indigo/

Lavendark

Well, I can say with 100% certainty that hendigo has done this for me. I'm about 50%  grey at the crown and my hair was always wiry and flyaway before I started using hendigo. Now it is smooth and shiny, and I hardly ever have a problem with frizz- unless it is very cold & dry outside and I forget to put fabric softener in my wash ;-) Been using hendigo for over a year now. Hope this helps!