Anyone else use just glosses?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kcr
Anyone else use just glosses?

After turing my head a lovely shade of burgundy with multiple applications of PP, then trying for the longest time to lighten it, then switiching to a henna/cassia mix that was pretty but lacked the "flash" of Lawsone, I think I have settled on doing glosses only for color.

The parts of my hair that are not grey (or clear) have become much darker than they were when I was younger--maybe the darkest end of light brown, so I do need to lighten the roots to get hte color I want.  So , I use Sun-in on the roots for three days (not necessarily consecutive) before I gloss.  My hair grows pretty quickly, so I spray it on as soon as the roots start to show.  By the third application they at least blend nicely, so even if I do not have the time to gloss I don't look all...rooty.

For the gloss, I mix an ounce (or two, if I am feeling frisky) of PP dye-released in strong chamomile tea, and a bit more than a half cup of Tresseme Naturals conditioner, paint it onto the roots first, then slather the remainder onto the length.  I can usually only stand it for an hour, because I get awfully tired of dripping.

This works so well for me!  The color is slightly more orange than a henna/cassia--a bright copper.  It is almost an exact match to the L'Oreal Mega-reds Light Intense Copper I used to use. My husband, my hairdresser and the hairdresser that lives next door all think it is a great color.

I do see minimal fading, but I do it every 2-2.5 weeks, so it is not a problem. And the time committment is minimal, as is the Cheeto-effect.  I think I will stick with this for a while.

Anyone else do just glosses?  How do you do it?

ACWN
Re: Anyone else use just glosses?

I do glosses now and then, but only to perk up my color. I mix it in with cholesterol.

About your drips, have you tried corn starch or instant pudding? It thickens the mix. Should help.

kcr

=D  I keep forgetting to try pudding or cornstarch. 

Maybe next time my brain will function.

ACWN

Lol, make yourself a note and tape it on the mirror or something.