Warped Tour-Florida

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueMoon
Warped Tour-Florida

Are any of you planning on doing henna at the Warped Tour in FL? I plan to vend but I'm not sure which show to do.

Jen
Re: Warped Tour-Florida

Good luck with that. I find Warped tour folks to be of the "I have real ink" variety.

And I'm not just saying that because the teenagers won't let me get close enough to the stage to see my favorite bands even though they play at 2 in the afternoon. Angry -who said I was angry? I mean I guess its ok, I can see NOFX and Bad Religion and still be at Denny's in time for the early bird special with the rest of the old people.

Sorry for the OT rant. I find that being an aging punk-rock-girl is full of amusing contradictions!

Malynda

Hennaing at a rock concert is... well, what it is. 

Loud:  expect to be screaming at people all hours, and half the time it won't be because you are mad at them. 

Dirty:  large crowds of gyrating people kick up dusk, and gyrating (often chemically altered) people sweat = everyone is covered in a layer of very icky frosting.  Your booth will also be regarded as a trash recepticle.

Idiots... lots of them:   They will be hyper, obnoxious, chemically altered, wiggly, disrespectful and, like Jen said, you'll get a lot of the "my ink is real" crowd.  A good portion of them won't be able to take care of themselves, let alone their henna, so expect to do a lot of smear fixing and practice what we call "the mommy voice".

That said, I love slinging at music festivals.  If you can appreciate the energy of The Warped Tour crowd and if that crowd appreciates your henna and pays you well to be there, then it might be worth it to you.  Pick a show which will generate the most of your ideal market and less drunk/altered idiots and try to pick a booth space close to the action but which won't leave you certifiably deaf.   Good luck!

Desdemonas Designs

Lily and I once hennaed at 2 Ohio venues for the Warped Tour and it was hideous.  We didn't make enough to cover food and gas let alone the booth fee.  I'll never do THAT again!

Deborah

Malynda

I just remembered that Erika did a Warped Tour show in Florida a few years ago and hated it, too.