Zizy

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
celiacarrion
Zizy

I had purchased some zizy a couple months ago and when I tried it out I got ABSOLUTELY no results:/.  I was told that it may have been from washing it out with WEN clensing conditioner.  I have about 50g left of the zizy and I don't want it to go to waste so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to wash it out properly? Or how long to leave it on for and mix it?

I just mixed it with water and put it in right away then I believe I left it in for an hour...I don't quite remember how long I left it in it was a while ago that I used it.

Help would be much appreciated!

Jen
Re: Zizy

The official instructions say:

"Mix Zizyphus Spina Christi with water until it is a paste about as thick as yoghurt. Let the paste rest an hour or two. Section your hair, and apply the paste. Work the paste throroughly into your hair. Let it stay in your hair for twenty minutes. Rinse your hair completely with hot water. 25 grams of Zizyphus will clean and condition your hair."

I do it a little different. I use very hot water from the kettle, and only let it stand 10 or 15 minutes. I mix it quite thin -more like honey or syrup than yogurt. I leave it in about 20 minutes. I rinse as much as I can with water, then shampoo it out.

Carrie

When I try it again, I'm going to try the hot water method. When I did it according to directions it was very clumpy. I do think you want to avoid using conditioner to rinse it out, especially a very silicone-laden one like WEN, because that will counteract the volume that zizy gives.

curlyjen

i apologize for the stupid question, but what does zizy do?  i read that it gives body and conditions...does it remove moisture to do that?  does it act like a protein treatment?  how does your hair feel after, compared to henna? or amla?

Carrie

For me, it mostly gave huge volume to my straight hair. It didn't give me shine, in fact my hair was rather dull. I think Jen has better results from it than I do.

In contrast, henna gives me heavy thick silky shiny hair, not volume. Amla gives me body and slight enhancement of wave, but not silkiness or huge volume.

The zizyphus shampoo bar from Mehandi, however, is great for me - volume plus gloss and moisture. Different than a full-strength zizy  - but your results may vary.