Will adding honey affect henna gloss?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shelli563
Will adding honey affect henna gloss?

I'd like to add some honey to my henna/buxus/amla/conditioner gloss in order to add more moisture.  Will the honey affect the dye uptake at all?  My first gloss made my hair feel a bit dry.  Do you think an oil treatment (perhaps coconut or avocado) right after the gloss would be a better way to go?

Thanks,

Shelli

Carrie
Re: Will adding honey affect henna gloss?

A teaspoon of honey probably would be okay and not affect the color. Doing an oiling afterwards should be okay as well.

Shelli563

On my previous coloring, I used henna/buxus/amla mixed in equal parts conditioner so that it would be easier to distribute through my hair...  though it was still somewhat difficult to distribute easily.  I guess this is considered a gloss, but a stronger one I would imagine.

Next time, I'm thinking of just adding henna/amla to my hair for a little more shot of red, conditioning and shine (I think the buxus in my previous coloring dulled the shine ).  I'd like to add the henna direcly to my hair without adding conditioner, but I'm afraid I'll have a difficult time getting it through my hair.  Any suggestions?  Have you found that "diluting" the henna in conditioner produces less shine?

I noticed the buxus was grainier than the henna, so perhaps that component made it more difficult to get through the hair.  Also, I noticed some minor hair breakage (2-3") along the top of my head, so I definitely need an easy way to get the henna through my hair.

Thanks again.

Carrie

Adding some conditioner to the henna won't produce less shine. If you have quite a bit of henna in your mix (for example, at least as much henna as conditioner) I think you'll see lots of shine.