Zizyphus Spina Christi- hair thickeners?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lisee
Zizyphus Spina Christi- hair thickeners?

I was wondering how long the thickening benefits of Spina Christi lasts on fine hair? Can it be added along with Amla, and Henna and Indigo, all together? Also, does Cassia give the same effects as Henna, (so, if I am henna'ing my hair, I don't need to use the Cassia, also,  in my Henna mix, for extra thickening effect)? I appreciate your help! Thank you!

Jen
Re: Zizyphus Spina Christi- hair thickeners?

Yes, as far as conditioning and strengthening cassia does the same thing as henna just not quite as hard or as long. If you're using henna you probably don't need cassia.

I wouldn't put zizyphus in with your dye mix as it will dilute it. Try it in a separate application. Its not nearly as difficult as coloring with plant dyes though! I put enough water in 25 g amla to make a pretty loose paste. I let that stand for about 20 minutes. I glop it rather sloppily into my hair. No need to make sure every strand is carefully covered like with a dye mix. Then I hop in the shower and the very last thing before I get out is to wash out the zizy. I do this every week or two lately. It gives my limp, fine, stick straight hair more oomf, bounce, and body than its ever had.

I also use the zizyphus and juniper shampoo bar about every other to every third day. It helps too. The lotus ylang ylnag shampoo bar will do the same. I just like the juniper scent better.

Lisee
Re: Zizyphus Spina Christi- hair thickeners?

Thank you, Jen! This helps me a lot. I am going to purchase some more Amla for my very fine hair :-)