dumb Q about metallic powders

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
WednesdayRowan
dumb Q about metallic powders

I assume it washes off?

Some time ago I saw a article about the use of nail polish to fill henna designs with metallics, I was fooling around with a couple polishes and filled in my henna (awful stuff, something pre mixed tube that has an odd mauve color to it) with some metallic polishes and the women watching went wild... wanted to know if there was a way to do it not using polish. 

Is there anything metallic that lasts some days, survives water?

Jen
Re: dumb Q about metallic powders

Oh yes! There's lots of options! You're right the nail polish is really not a good idea!

Here you can find some shimmery temporary tattoo paint. It lasts several days on the hands. Nearly a week on places that don't get washed as much. You can add glitters or shimmery powders, but its not necessary. www.mehandi.com/shop/scheherazade/index.html

Here's another product that isn't quite as sturdy, but has a different look. www.mehandi.com/shop/mehronglittermark/index.html

And if you really don't want to order stuff online and want the instant gratification of trying this right away... get some hair gel, mash up some old eye shadows with a fork. Mix about 1 part eye shadow powder and 3 or 4 parts super strong hair gel and put it in a cone. It doesn't last nearly as well as the temporary tattoo paint, but its cheap and easy!

I'd suggest you try learning to mix your own paste too. Cones that smell odd likely have chemicals in that you don't want to put on people!

WednesdayRowan
Re: dumb Q about metallic powders

Thank you! 

places you don't wash as often, showering every day... will wash off... day or two?

I was curious... I have mixed my own, with great results, some years ago. Since I don't do it all the time (henna) it was a bit of a pain needing to keep track of what was in the freezer and how old it was. I wonderd if the tubes would work... now I realize if they worked well, you would be selling the good quality ones ;-)

I will be going back to to doing that (mixing own), maybe get serious about it this year

I absolutely love henna art, past life...

Thank you!

no spell check?