Raj henna dye release time.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jmk3482
Raj henna dye release time.

I just made a big batch of Raj henna. I usually do Jamilla and I know that it has a 24 to 48 hour dye release time. Can someone tell me the dye release time for Raj?

HennaNouveau
Re: Raj henna dye release time.

I have found 8 to 10 hours using lemon juice yields great results for me.  I let it sit on my kitchen counter.

CCartwrightJones
admin

There's a huge varation that goes out under the brand name Jamila.  Some releases slow, some doesn't. some is 1.7% dye content, some is 2.1 - 2.3% dye content, and if you're lucky you'll get much higher.  If you look at the lab tests, you might want  to TOTALLY rethink what you've heard "Jamila is always the same". 

the batch of Raj Monsoon that we have ... for me . releases pretty fast. 

I'm beginning to suspect that high dye content henna releases fast, because you've got more to work with in the first place.   ... if you've got low dye content, you'll need to hang around a bit to get all the good out of it.  The higher stuff may also have a longer "hang time".

Jen
  • I'm beginning to suspect that high dye content henna releases fast, because you've got more to work with in the first place.   ... if you've got low dye content, you'll need to hang around a bit to get all the good out of it.  The higher stuff may also have a longer "hang time".

Hmmm... that an interesting point. We should be able to test it now that we've got a few hennas with known lawsone contents!