will henna show on indigo black?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
LavenderBelle
will henna show on indigo black?

Hi everyone!   I love this forum! 

I am using indigo after henna for the first time this weekend to get black.  My hair is almost black anyway but it has a lot of natural reddish highlights when in sunlight.  I have been using henna from this site every few months for about a year and a half which added more red when in sunlight and did an amazing job conditioning my hair. 

Has anyone ever applied henna a few months after indigo?  Does it show at all on the black or just the area near the roots? 

Thanks!

Carrie
Re: will henna show on indigo black?

When I first started doing 2-step henna/indigo for black on my husband's hair, you could see red highlights in the sun from henna, but after quite a few applications over the months/years, doing a henna treatment without indigo didn't make any red highlights appear at all on the previously indigoed hair.

NubianPrize

I've wondered the same thing. I have naturally  black hair with some greyI'm trying to get rid of. I'm doing the henna /indigo thing for the very first time today & am sitting here now with a head full of indigo with about 40 or so minutes to go. Just wanna get my natural jet black hair back !

LavenderBelle

Thank you for the responses.  My hair is darker but the change was very subtle.  Only the very ends of my hair have a little tinge of red left. 

Has anyone ever applied indigo without henna before it?  Just wondering because it took a long time to henna, then rinse, then indigo, then rinse again.  I was antsy toward the end. 

Thanks!

ACWN

Indigo is alkaline and can be pretty drying to the hair, plus it wont be able to actually dye and hold without the henna there first. You could, however, do henna one day... wait a day or two, then indigo. It should still work fine.