buxus

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
triss25
buxus

Just did a 3 hour raj henna, followed by a 30 min buxus. Now I remember why I don't like buxus. I tried it 2 years ago. The grit and the drips. WOW! I do think though, I might actually like the color results better than with henna/indigo 2 step.Will have to wait until everything settles. Now I just have to decide if it's worth the bad that comes with.

Jen
Re: buxus

Ya, a spoonfull of conditioner can help that. Also a mister bottle of water to give it a sprits while you apply so it doesn't cruble away.

Are you sure you mean you want to try a two step? Henna followed by indigo gives black! I would think that might be a pretty drastic step after doing henna/buxus!

triss25

It only goes to black if you leave it on the full hour. If I just want a toned down red I leave the indigo on 10-15 mins, 30 for dark  auburn and 40 gives me dark brown. I have never gone the full hour. I have salt and peper hair. I also have really resistant grey/whites. I ALWAYS have color fade with henna  and indigo. It bleeds almost right up til I need to do my roots again(3 weeks), and my color always faded with chemical hair dye too.  Might be too long of a time for others.

Still trying to decide which one I like better. I did like that buxus doesn't smell bad like indigo. I left the buxus on for 30 mins. I would have gone a little longer, but I was drowning in drips.

I

triss25

I wasn't planning to do another 2 step with indigo.  I'd probably for sure go to black if I did that. LOL. I was wondering which I like better. I have tried a hendigo before and it didn't cover my greys, so I did do a 2 step after that which came out a red brown but faded in a week to auburn. I don't know why it fades. I get great color and coverage with a two step but it always fades.

triss25