Not a henna Q, but... anyone do kids face painting?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
WednesdayRowan
Not a henna Q, but... anyone do kids face painting?

I've just had the third request in 1.5 years, asking if I do kids face painting for parties (this a 4th of July block party)

not sure if it is something I want to attempt, spend time learning techniques, money on materials....Have seen and admired some really nice work

but maybe I should if it is a  good source of additional income

I don't do henna full time, it is an ad-on kind of thing for me, though I intend to put more time and attention into it this year, would like to be more proficient (mention to show skill level) 

advice anyone?

if you do, best place to learn, products?

kelli
Re: Not a henna Q, but... anyone do kids face painting?

I can't give you any advice about places to learn or product but I can say I think you should do it!  I have 3 little ones and they love to have their faces painted.  Maybe 2 out of 20 face paintings are good.  There are people out there with absolutely no artistic talent painting faces and getting money for it!  It is so nice to get a really beautiful one though.  If you have ANY talent whatsoever drawing or painting or with makeup I suggest you go for it! 

Seryph
Re: Not a henna Q, but... anyone do kids face painting?

I use and reccomend Snazaroo face paint. I know they have online walkthroughs and stuff, and possibly classes too, but you'd have to look on their site. They are definitely the best face paints I've found for kids, its extreamly rare to find someone who cant use them, they are EU and FDA compliant, and best of all, they dont set off mine, or my partner's very sensitive skin, which is my benchmark for safty.

I love face painting, and I hope you have fun.